Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Saturday 6 June 2015

Southampton - Chapter 35

Dear You,

I guess this is my last chapter before Greece. I just wanted to say that to some extent I've come to understand how you felt before you told me the truth all those years ago. It shouldn't have been easy. But then again you were drunk. I'm sorry if I was cruel to you. I can't really remember what I said to you. Not that it matters anymore. It's just that I'll see you in a few days and that has sort of sparked weird memories. I sort of started packing today. I made a list so that I won't forget stuff.

We went out yesterday. I'd gotten tickets for Abbie, Isa and Jack for Constellations at the Nuffield theatre. I was working at the same night so i thought it'd be fun. I was doing the shop which is always cool and more interesting than just checking tickets. The performance was really good. Afterwards we went at the Alex for drinks and Stephen joined us so it was really cool. It was a shame Abbie had to leave early to catch a train for Bournemouth. Next time I hope she stays more I like her a lot and we haven't had the chance to hang out a lot because of where she lives. Anyway, in the end we said good-bye and parted. I'll see everyone after we come back from Greece. I walked with Jack near uni and then we had to go to oposite directions. I'm going to see him in ten days. And that was the moment when I panicked.

Do you remembered when I told you about my fab plan to sever all connections with him? Yeah, I don't think that's gonna work. Seriously, the thought that I'd never ever talk to him again scared the shit out of me. I'm telling you I just can't do that. He's become too important and I've got so few friends right now, I can't bear the thought of never seeing him again! So much for being fucking sensible. Fuck's sake! And I'm leaving tomorrow and I'm gonna have to deal with a pile of shit I've left behind. This is the moment I prove that I'm truly brave. Running is easy; i never understood why people admired me for going away with such ease. It's sticking around and facing your problems that shows what kind of person one is. No back-up, no crutches, just me. Boy, this is gonna be fun! I'll have to be mean and nasty again, I'll have to be who I was three years ago. So, I guess I'll see you, the real you, the proper you, on Monday. Please don't be a jerk. Right now, I need a friend not a punching bag.

Cya,
Evey

0 comments:

Post a Comment